What is a Content Management System and why is it important?
A good content management system is the key to maintaining an up-to-date web site. Unfortunately, many of the content management systems in use are limited to editing basic text on the existing pages. While this is an advancement over previous technologies, we offer a system that goes even a step further, allowing you to manage almost every aspect of your web site. Essentially, this should be last web site you will ever need.
Flexibility! After our initial development, you will be able to:
• Add/edit/delete web pages and menu items
• Turn web pages on or off to the public with a click of the mouse
• Set page permissions to allow for different levels of access to your site: For example, employees or a members group can login to your web site and see extra menu items and pages that the public does not get to see.
• Insert ready-to-use web site modules such as: event calendars, surveys, news feeds, user forums, reports, repositories, blogs, picture galleries, etc.
• Activate an internal web site search option so visitors can search efficiently
• Change the appearance of your web site: Design of the site is handled by what is referred to as a “Skin”. By using this method, you can apply a different Skin, creating a completely different look for your web site design as your needs evolve.